Ready to Grow Bag Instructions
If you have any Questions please join our Facebook growing group and see other people growing this bag.
Search: in groups for NZ mushroom growing on Facebook. Or Type this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1471590712966116/
1. The bag will grow better mushrooms and grow quicker at around 18 degrees to 22 degrees. Place in the Hot water cupboard in the dark in winter but it summer it will be really hot. Place in a dark cupboard in the summer.
2. When you see little tiny mushrooms or the bag is fully white take out and make small cuts in the bag to let the mushrooms grow out. Be careful at this stage the bag does not dry up. You could place it in a container just until tiny mushroom start to grow. But when they start to grow the bag needs fresh air so take the lid off.
3. Keep in a damp place, the bathroom is great for your first go but not recommended for a permanent place to grow. A shower tray it great and you can turn the shower on for a second to raise the humidity in the enclosure.
4. Spray with a water mister that has never had chemicals in it. The best results have been from boiled, filtered or spring water.
5. When the mushrooms are ready they crinkle at the edges. Harvest them all.
6. Place the bag face down into a container of water to suck up the water and re-hydrate.
7. Make sure there is no water pooling in the bag if the water is at the bottom make holes for it to escape.
8. Tape up the holes and place the bag back in the hot water cupboard. When you see little mushrooms repeat the steps. Or just carry on spraying and leave in a moist area.
9. Thank you for helping me preserve our beautiful native mushrooms for future generations